Saturday, February 14, 2015

Chemo #7 Done

I finished second to last chemo treatment on Wednesday.   My Mom flew up the Friday before and will be with us for three weeks, which is a HUGE help.  Craig was traveling for part of this week and will be working a lot for the rest of the month so it is nice to have the company. 

The treatment itself went fine.  We met with Dr. Sinclair first and I talked about some of the side effects I have been having - blurry vision, sore jaw, joint and bone pain, and neuropathy (tingling and numbness in my fingers and feet).  All are normal for Taxol.   We also talked about post-chemo treatment - radiation (which will start March 11) and hormone therapy/ovarian suppression.   It is still TBD when I will start that.  She wants to give me some time to recover from chemo as shutting down my ovaries will yield its own unpleasant side effects.  We might even wait until after our June trip to Hawaii to get that process started. 

Three days out, I feel ok.  I had the usual neulasta back and neck bone pain yesterday, which was no fun.  Today, I'll feel more joint pain in my legs.    Craig and I are hopefully headed out to dinner tonight with friends, as long as the latest snow storm does not mess up our plans.  Thanks to Mom for babysitting!

Two weeks from now I will be done with chemo treatments!!!!

6 comments:

  1. You're almost done!!! Radiation will be a breeze after this. Sunburn and fatigue -- nothing you can't handle.

    Have a happy dinner with your sweetie!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are almost there! What a champ. I'm so glad your mom is there. She sounds so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are almost there..... Glad your mom came to help. it's huge to have family around. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a rockstar! Almost done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So easy for me to say, but you are almost there! I think it helps to look at it OSAAT!! So happy to hear your mom is here too - I know whenever I even have a sniffle, I want my mom! And I know how busy Craig is this time of year, so I am sure that's giving him some peace of mind too. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there! Homestretch. Hope to get together this summer? Let's make plans? New england revolution game?

    ReplyDelete