How I faced breast cancer head on TWICE and kicked it to the curb, one step at a time (OSAAT)!!!
Monday, February 2, 2015
Happy day!
Thank you to the New England Patriots for winning the Super Bowl in rather dramatic fashion last night. It mad Craig and Raymond VERY happy and the universe owed them some joy amidst all the crap we have been going through as a family these last few months. We watched most of the game at a friend's house but Raymond was a bit tired, having gone to the Bruins game on Saturday night, so he and I came home before the game was over and watched the rest of it together. It was a fun moment to share with him and I took this picture right after the thrilling end of the game. Wow, my head is shiny! ;)
I'm still pretty achy from last week's Taxol treatment but this feeling is better than the complete exhaustion and nausea from the AC treatments. Only 2 more to go! I finish THIS MONTH. February seemed so far way when I started in November.
Once chemo is done, it appears things will move pretty quickly. I'll get the port out ASAP and I think I am starting radiation on March 11. That means I will be done with this phase of treatment by the end of April. Maybe we could have gone to Disney World as planned in May but Hawaii will be a much more special trip for us. Of course I am starting to be a little scared for post-treatment life and how I keep the cancer fear at bay but it will be nice to not have life revolve around how I am feeling in a chemo cycle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Although I am not happy Patriots won :-), I am happy it brought some joy to you guys. Miss ya.
ReplyDeleteWe are happy the Patriots won. And are even happier that you are almost thru this phase, Amanda!
DeleteShiny head or not, you look great! And I am happy the Patriots were able to bring some extra joy to the Robichaud household! Loving your positive attitude - keep it up!
ReplyDelete