Ok, that is definitely an overstatement but I have felt so much better than I did after the AC treatments. My biggest complaint has been joint pain and weakness. The weakness part has me feeling like my legs might give out underneath me, especially when walking down stairs. But no nausea and I am not even close to as exhausted as I was after the first 4 treatments. I am so relieved. Only 35 days until my last chemo treatment!
At my last appointment, Dr. Sinclair and I talked about my continued issues with being short of breath and dizzy, especially when I get up too fast (which I am always prone to but has been much worse with chemo). We also noticed that my pulse, which had been tracking in the 70s, shot up to around 100 and has stayed there. (I have been checking is periodically.) This week, I also picked up a nasty cough, which has me sounding like a chain smoker and definitely has not been helping with the shortness of breath. Luckily, I had an appointment scheduled for today, an 8 day check-in after the first Taxol treatment. Given the cough and continued other issues, they decided to send me for the CT Scan which would allow them to check my lungs for signs of pneumonia and a blood clot. Luckily, my lungs are clear so basically I have a cough and low red blood cells/iron and dehydration causing my issues. I got some fluids today and will do my best to try and drink more. I have a metallic taste in my mouth with makes stuff taste not great but luckily I don't seem to be having the other mouth issues I had with the AC (burnt tongue feeling, thrush and other throat issues).
I got to see with my favorite chemo nurse, Mary-Beth, today. We realized we had not seen each other since before Christmas so we spent a few minutes catching up. She has three young kids (ages 9, 6 and 3) so we have a lot in common. She should be there for my remaining 3 treatments.
No comments:
Post a Comment