Monday, June 6, 2011

Insurance companies are so funny

I got a letter from my insurance company today that they are unable to "substantiate the medical necessity" of surgery I had last Friday. Hopefully the doctor's office will get this all worked out with Cigna. I am sure they will, but it gave me a good laugh today.

I am feeling okay. My stomach is still sore and I am exhausted despite sleeping pretty well at night. It has been nice having the kids at school today so I can rest without having to keep them from killing each other!

2 comments:

  1. Obviously, one of the prerequisites for these insurance companies is being INSENSITIVE. How could they dare send such a letter after what you've been through.

    You kicked cancer in the butt, and now you need to do the same with the insurance company! This makes me so mad that they get away with treating people that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of when I received a letter telling me that my first ever mammogram (the one that found my stage 3c cancer) was not medically necessary even though they approved and payed for the bilateral mastectomy to remove said cancer already. You say they're "funny"...I have a few other choice words LOL :) xoxo glad you're laughing though.

    ReplyDelete