Thursday, June 9, 2011

The unveiling

On Sunday, I was able to take off my bandages and take a shower. It was the first time I got to see my new boobs. After the expanders, I was expecting them to look and feel different. I will admit I was a bit disappointed, which I have heard is a common reaction. They felt really firm at first, almost as firm as the expanders, which I had referred to as the coconuts. Now, almost a week later, they have softened up a lot and feel more like breasts should feel. That has made me very happy. I am still getting used to what they look like. They are still bruised and the magic marker "no pressure" writing is still there so that is not helping. There are veins protruding where there did not used to be and the shape is not exactly what I expected. It is hard to explain but they are wider and a bit flatter than I expected. I know it will take a while for everything to "settle" and there is the potential for future "touch up" surgeries. I am going to try and not think about that now. I am going to enjoy the summer and be thankful I was able to do this surgery so much earlier than we thought I would.

I am feeling pretty good today, better then yesterday. I am definitely not as tired as I was earlier in the week and have just a little bit of soreness in my tummy area but I am not even taking Tylenol anymore. I am going to drive for the first time today the get the kids from school since my Dad headed home last night. HUGE thanks to both our dads for being here over the last week!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi - It sounds like you are doing well and i'm so happy to hear it! and I love that you're trying to look on the bright side of this nightmare and seeing a positive side effect (less droopiness after 2 kids). :) Keep up the healing and good spirits. hugs, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. xoxo it's an iterative process. love and hugs! -JPO

    ReplyDelete