Four years ago today on June 3, 2007, Raymond, Craig, Sam and I (and a lot of suitcases) set of on a huge adventure - three years of living in Finland. We were very excited and a bit scared. The next three years WERE an amazing adventure full of funny stories of living in another country, travel all over Europe and most importantly, making new friends (who I still miss every single day!).
Today, I am a lot scared and a bit excited about the next step in my reconstruction. I am worried about how I will handle the anesthesia this time and how we'll handle my recovery and lifting restrictions with much less help than after my mastectomy. I am excited to get rid of the expanders and really feel like we are moving on with life. My scars can heal and start to fade. Unfortunately, I continue to live with a more profound fear of cancer - recurrence of the breast cancer and new cancers that are related to breast cancer. I try not to let this cloud my days but it will always be with me.
(For those of you who have been praying for my friend, Anna, I have excellent news to report. Her lymph nodes came back clean. Her surgeon was almost sure there would be cancer and had told Anna so the day before her surgery. Thanks for all the prayers - they are working!!)
Another June 3 milestone - 17 years ago today I started at Coopers & Lybrand, now known as PricewaterhouseCoopers or PwC. 17 years.... I realized this weekend that I turn 40 next year. EEK!!!!
Also, thanks for continuing to think of me and encourage thoughts on my behalf while getting ready for your own bit milestones. You're so sweet! We miss you every day, too. :)
ReplyDelete