Monday, March 9, 2015

Hair

My hair should be starting to grow back, now that chemo is over.  The whole hair loss process has been interesting so a few observations...
  • Despite losing hair on most parts of my body, I still have a significant amount of arm hair.   What's so special about arm hair???
  • I have maintained a small amount of stubble on my head throughout the process.  Everyone says is looks really light.  If it comes back light, it better be blonde light and not GREY/WHITE light.   Craig has had an ever increasing amount of white hair since I met him and I have always made fun of him.  He'd have way too much fun if my hair comes back grey!
  • My eyebrows have definitely thinned.  For once in my life having bushy eyebrows is working in my favor.
  • I really wish my leg, armpit and old lady facial hair don't grow back.  (With the radiation, it is likely the armpit hair won't come back on my right side.)  
  •  My upper lashes are mostly gone and the lower are thin.  I miss my eyelashes.   Hopefully they'll grow back quickly.
  • I lost all my nose hair (early on) which means my nose has been running for 3.5 months.
Overall, the hair loss process has not been as awful as I thought it would be.  It has been a cold winter to be bald but luckily I have lots of warm winter hats!   I am hoping by Hawaii that I have enough hair on my head that it looks like short haircut rather than post-chemo hair.

3 comments:

  1. I think you deserve to come back without any grey, Amanda!!! xoxoxoxo Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will look fabulous in Hawaii no matter what happens!!!

    ReplyDelete