Friday, January 28, 2011

What I fight for...

The last few days have been really positive, but I know there will be dark days in the next few weeks and months.    Just so I remember why I am going through hell, I fight for...

My kids


My husband (picture taken in the spot where we got engaged 9.5 years ago)

I fight for the people that have survived this beast - my Mom, sister-in-law, and too many friend and other family members.   I fight for the rest of my family and friends, hoping this disease leaves them alone.

And I fight for all my other friends and family members who did not win their wars against cancer, especially:
My beloved mother-in-law Jane who was diagnosed with glioblastoma multiforme (brain cancer) 3 months after this picture was taken and died on November 22, 2006
My beautiful and feisty cousin Cathy who died after a 6 month battle with melanoma on June 11, 2010.  She was 37 years old and left behind a husband and 3 young children.

3 comments:

  1. Damn, thanks for giving me a good cry, Amanda ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All excellent reasons to fight the good fight. HUGS...Judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. All so precious! Good luck tomorrow. I'm praying! Claudia

    ReplyDelete