Over the last few days, we have been telling people near and far about my diagnosis. Many people have had to find out about it via email because I just don't have it in me to tell everyone in person or on the phone. I have really been overwhelmed by the response - the emails, Facebook messages and chats have done so much to lift my spirits. Keep the prayers and happy thoughts coming as we face a big week - more pathology results and the CT scan and whole body bone scan which might show if there are any spots to worry about elsewhere in my body.
Mom heads back to Florida tomorrow and I am sure she is looking forward to a few weeks of peace and quiet before she comes back for the surgery. Raymond and Emily were particularly boisterous and loud today! I am so lucky she was able to be with us for the last week.
I have also been amazed by the number of women out there who have battled or are currently battling breast cancer - many of them young women like me. It is really a sisterhood - one I never wanted to join but I am now amazed and inspired by its members.
I know this sounds crazy, but thank you for writing about this...so much better than me calling/writing to ask how you are doing. I am sending lots of good thoughts and praying extra hard for you this week. You will get through this!
ReplyDeleteAmanda - I'm so shocked to hear this news but can tell already that you are ready to fight this with everything you have! I know from my sister's experience that having your beautiful children to focus on makes everything you are going through a bit easier! Sending you peace and strength! Kristyn Dyer
ReplyDeletexoxo yes, sisters forever. then again, I considered you one already without a cancer diagnosis. we're all in this together.
ReplyDeleteHello Amanda...I found your blog through Julie's. Yes, we are a sisterhood of warriors. A "club" that I wish did not have new members. I would say "welcome" but it just stinks no matter how you look at it. I was diagnosed in June 2010. Double mastectomy in July 2010, 6 rounds of chemo and am now about 1/2 done with my radiation. Just wanted to say HI and know that you've got support in places that you never imagined!
ReplyDelete