Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Second and final expansion

I was finally able to have my second expansion with the plastic surgeon today.    We decided this would be my final one since I am happy size-wise after the first expansion.  (You need to do one more expansion after you achieve the right size.)    This expansion went SO much better than the last one.   He did he fill a lot slower, I was seated in a reclined position, Craig was in the room and we were chatting the whole time.  I did not feel dizzy at all and no nausea.  I don't even have the overly full feeling I had last time.    My plastic surgeon thinks my reaction was due in part to what else was happening the day of my first appointment - an appointment with the oncologist to talk about chemo.   When I saw the plastic surgeon that day, I thought we would be establishing my chemo schedule with the oncologist right after.   It was an emotional day. 

In any event, today was easy and I am happy not to have anymore expansions.   We just heard from the plastic surgeon's office and they have confirmed my surgery will be on Friday, June 3 - my light at the end of my tissue expander tunnel!   I have to have general anesthesia again which I am not so excited about but I will deal.

I am allowed to start lifting but need to be careful not to overdo it, since I am likely weaker after the 6 week break.    If something does not feel good, I need to stop doing it.   I am also allowed to shave my armpits.  According to Craig, I am looking a little Eastern European these days.   (Turns out I could have started shaving a few weeks ago but I kept forgetting to ask.)

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the expansion went so much better! Less than two months to go and then you'll be looking forward to DisneyWorld...

    Hang in there,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) for the better experience this time!

    ;-) for the Eastern European comment - made me laugh out loud ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can come on June 3 to help with the kids of you would like me to, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only did 2 expansions too :) that was plenty haha :) So glad the 2nd one went so much better for you and that your time with those nasty expanders will be short-lived - they're so uncomfortable! ;/ I had those dang things from June to January ugh...as soon as I woke up from the swap out surgery I immediately felt the difference and you will too I bet. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete