I heard from the oncologist's office today. My doctor is out but I talked to her assistant who had the Oncotype results. I scored a 6 which equates to a 5% chance of recurrence with no future therapy (chemo or hormone). According to the assistant this is extremely low and she is 99% sure that I WON'T NEED CHEMO!!! I'll find out for 100% sure when I talk to the oncologist on Monday but when we met with her last week, her "no chemo" scenario involved a 10% recurrence rate so I am thinking 5% is even better. Can you tell I am an accountant? ;). So for now, I am crying tears if joy and feeling extremely blessed that everything since the original diagnosis has gone "right" for me. Thank you for all your prayers, good vibes, positive thoughts, etc. I like to believe that they helped!
Next steps:
-meet with the oncologist to talk about hormone therapy (tamoxifen)
-call plastic surgeon's office to figure out how soon I can get rid of these expanders. I did not do the expansion this week so I still need at least one of those before I can get my final implants.
-figure out when I will go back to work
-plan a long weekend for just Craig and me to get away and recharge after all this craziness
-plan lots of fun activities for our family for the summer we just got back
-drink lots of wine to celebrate tonight. I guess that should have been first!!!
So excited for you...such great news! Make sure your summer plans and wine drinking includes our fams getting together :-)
ReplyDeleteWOW, that is the best news I've heard all year! So happy for you and YES, drinking lots of wine should be at the TOP of your list! CHEERS! :-)
ReplyDeleteWOOHOOO!!!
ReplyDeleteIf I could do a backflip right now, I'd do it! (Maybe CST will oblige.) I'll settle for doing an energetic happy dance in the living room that will make my dog think I am very weird.
What great news! Go out and celebrate -- kiss your husband, hug your kids (carefully), love your life!!!!!
Sending you a huge hug from Schenectady,
Kara
WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!! Yes, big glass of wine and celebrate!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat amazing news!!! Amanda, I will be so thrilled for you if you do not have to go through that hell. You must be completely over the moon right now! Have a wonderful time celebrating it up with your family this weekend. You deserve all this positivity and more. Look out Disney here come The Robichaud's!
ReplyDeleteTricia ;)
A very happy April Fool's Day to you!
ReplyDeletethis is AMAZING. amazing.
ReplyDeleteit's funny tricia mentioned disneyworld, because that's the first thing that i thought of!!!! :)
I'M SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! let's celebrate!
You hit the lottery big time, and I can think of anyone who should have had such positive outcomes other than you.
ReplyDeleteYou have so much to look forward to, so start drinking that wine!
What a way to kick off the weekend (not to mention the rest of your life)! This is outstanding.
ReplyDeletePEACE and love,
CST
Wonderful news! Cheryl joins me in continuing to offer positive thoughts and continued prayers!! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteWow. Great news! H, H & H
ReplyDeleteAmazing news! Congratulations!! this will be your best April Fools Day ever!!
ReplyDeletehugs, Katrina
Great news!! I'm so, so, so happy to hear the news! I hope you enjoyed your wine on Friday ;) Miss you!!
ReplyDeleteoh, wow! i mean WOW!
ReplyDeletecall when you have the final final after talking to the oncologist.
xo, lindsay
OH Amanda -
ReplyDeleteHow Wonderful. So very happy for you and your family. Joy shared is double joy.
You are right, our prayers were answered.
=)
ReplyDelete