Friday, October 24, 2014

Chemo is on

I spoke with Dr. Winer's fellow, Dr. Goel, at Dana-Farber today and they are definitely recommending chemo.  They'll still discuss my case on Tuesday but we will move forward with plans to get it started.    Dr. Goel was emailing the medical oncologist (Dr. Sinclair) at the Milford location (15 minutes from my house) so that her office could call me to schedule appointments.   I am not sure I will hear back today. I'll call there on Monday if I don't hear from them.   Now, I just want to get a start date so we can make plans for the next few months.   This totally sucks but I know I can do it and I am SO lucky to have such a great support/prayer network near and far!

3 comments:

  1. You can do this, Amanda. It won't be fun, but you will get through it. You're made of tough stuff! We are all thinking of you.
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apologies for my absence on the last few blog entries. You can absolutely get through this..and we are all pulling for you and working it with the guy upstairs as well... ;)

    ReplyDelete