- Both spots (5mm and 4mm in size) were cancer
- Estrogen/Progesterone + (I assume HER2- but I will confirm with the oncologist)
- Clean margins were achieved in both spots
- The tissue they removed looks to be the same as my old cancer
- There was no breast tissue evident in either spot, which means they did a great job the first time. (Not sure how the heck I got breast cancer in a spot with no breast tissue. I plan to discuss with the oncologist.)
I think I will finally have my first post-surgery glass of wine tonight as this is the good news we really wanted this week!
Next week, we meet with the radiation oncologist at Dana-Farber in Milford to start planning for my radiation. My breast surgeon commented last week that the radiation oncologist we met at Newton-Wellesley is super conservative when it comes to removing implants for radiation, as in she almost ALWAYS has them taken out. The breast surgeon is confident Dana-Farber doctor will be in agreement with the decision we made to leave them in.
Such amazing news. So happy for you. Enjoy that glass of wine!
ReplyDeleteFantastic news. So happy. Still sending good thoughts and have 2 glasses. Wish I was there to share with you.
ReplyDeleteSounds like great news! I bet the wine tasted good...but maybe not as good as the PB&J post surgery. :)
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed this yesterday!! So happy the good news keeps rolling in, and here's to praying that continues smoothly. I will be happy to share a glass of wine with you soon...in the meantime, you deserve it!!! I think a nice Cabernet goes well with PB&J... ;)
ReplyDelete