I got a call yesterday that Dr. Winer is able to see us tomorrow (Friday). I am so happy he is able to get us in so quickly but of course a little panicked if he feels like he HAS to see me to soon. Ahhh.. the life of a cancer patient. Our schedule is as follows:
9:45am - Arrive and get registered
10:30am - Meet with Dr. Winer's fellow, Dr. Goel. Per the new patient coordinator who called to schedule the appointment, I am going to "love" Dr. Goel
11:30am - Meet with Dr. Winer
It will be a long day but hopefully we'll get some answers. My biggest question for Dr. Winer is "Have you seen a case like mine?" since all the other docs keep talking about how unique I am.
Many thanks to my college friend, Marcia, who got to know Dr. Winer while he was treating Darby. for potentially being the reason I got in so quickly. She ran into Dr. Winer on a recent flight to NY and they shared a cab into Manhattan. She mentioned me to him to let him know my team would probably be consulting with him. He is amazed by the freshman/sophomore year hall connection that Kathy, Darby and I have!
So, today I am trying to keep myself busy. I plan to get both Craig's and my car inspected. Need some frames from Michael's. Anyone need some errands run???
Because traffic into Boston is such a nightmare these days, we will leave pretty early - before the kids get on the bus. I am very thankful for our amazing neighbors, notably Jen across the street who will take my kids very early, feed them breakfast and get them on the bus while getting her 3 kids ready for the day.
The waiting is the hardest part, but hopefully you will have lots of answers tomorrow. Wishing you all the best of luck for a good smooth experience tomorrow!!
ReplyDelete