I called the oncologist's office today to see if she had heard any test results.
On the good news front, we know once and for all that both tumors are HER2-.
On the no news front, no Oncotype results are back yet. The breast surgeon is the doctor that technically ordered the test, so the results will go there first. Her office knows to send the results immediately to the oncologist. I really wish the sample had been sent for testi g right after my survey since we would know by now but there is nothing I can do to change things now. there is some confusion as to when the lab actually started the testing, which can take 10 or more days. They called me last week to tell me insurance had approved the test and they were just waiting for the sample but the breast surgeon's office thinks maybe the approval just came through. The oncologist office told me to call back on Friday if I have not heard from them yet. I just want to know so we can figure out my chemo schedule so we can plan out the next 5 months! (I have a Type A personality - I have a compulsive need to plan!). So we continue to wait!
I am supposed to have my second expansion tomorrow but i think I will have to cancel the appointment because Emily is running a fever and will be coming home from daycare as soon as she wakes up from her nap. She will then be home for at least tomorrow and probably Thursday too since her fevers typically last more than 1 day. We went a whole month with no sick days for her which might be a record since last Fall. Of all the months for her to be healthy, March 2011 was that month so I am thankful for that. Hopefully, with Spring coming, there will be fewer viruses floating around!
SOOOOO frustrating that this was not coordinated better, I think this is the rule NOT the exception. DEEP Breathing and one day at a time.....maybe you could adopt a Type B personality for a few months. LOVE, Patty
ReplyDeletethe lab testing is a confusing and frustrating part of this process unfortunately it is not uncommon because different labs have to be used for different specialized tests and every test like this is so expensive requiring insurance authorization which can slow things too. my first biopsy was performed on like may 27 '09 and they sent that sample for her2 testing (separate lab from er/pr testing) and didn't get those results til like 2 weeks after my mastectomy which was june 12 '09 so not til end of july - took a month! then I think my brca test took like 2-3 weeks if I remember correctly. the waiting is the worst and well you already know I have that same personality type ;). xoxo
ReplyDeleteOh dear. Not such good timing with the fever. I wish I could be there to help you. So sorry about the waiting. It's the worst.
ReplyDeleteXX Liz