After all the craziness getting ready for Christmas, I am happy to report that we had a really nice few days celebrating. It did not get off to the best start when Emily developed a stomach virus on the night of the 23rd. Poor Craig, who has a much weaker stomach than me, had to do most of the care taking since I was at a point in my chemo cycle where I was more susceptible to getting sick and a stomach virus could be pretty dangerous for me. Have I mentioned how awesome he is??? The virus passed quickly and amazingly no one else got it.
We enjoyed a really nice Christmas Eve at home. Dad and Ann braved the germs and still came up. They went off to Mass but I decided it made more sense for the 4 of us to skip it. Emily definitely could not go and I just did not want to be exposed to anymore germs. We had dinner together and then watched Rudolph with the kids. We read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and put them to bed. They were SO excited about Santa coming but luckily went to bed relatively quickly, which allowed Santa to get to bed at a decent hour. Their excitement reminded me how truly magical Christmas can (and should) be!
Christmas Day was also really great. The kids enjoyed opening all their presents and we had dinner at Craig's sister's house. We had not seen Craig's dad in a while so it was nice to get some time with him.
Overall, I feel like I got big chunks of time to just enjoy being with family and NOT obsessing over cancer. Since chemo started, it is all I ever think about.
I feel pretty much back to normal other than my taste buds still being really off. I feel like I burnt my tongue really badly so everything tastes weird. I have chemo on Tuesday, the last of this harsh cocktail. I am looking forward to being on the other side of that one and am very much hoping the next cocktail is as "easy" (relatively speaking) as everyone says!!!
Thinking of you every day, sending love and well wishes your way. Xoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteThe tastebud interference is so annoying ;( hopefully it goes away after this series is done. I had it with taxoterr I think but not with the last 4 cycles. You're nearly to the halfway mark!! :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got to enjoy the magic of Christmas with the family and glad to hear you are feeling a bit better!!
ReplyDelete