Friday, December 5, 2014

Thank God for new meds!

The addition of a steroid (for nausea) and Aleve (before I had the Neulasta shot) seem to be making a HUGE difference in how I feel.  (Fingers crossed this continues today.)   I was actually able to eat and drink yesterday - not as much as on Wednesday but way better than the first Thursday.   I could cook dinner for Emily's birthday and wasn't a lump on the couch when she opened her presents.   I am thankful for so many reasons. 

Tomorrow, I have an appointment to have my head shaved at 8am.   :(  I'll also have my wig fit at the same time since they can't finish that until I have no hair.  I am really dreading tomorrow since this will be the ultimate sign to the outside world that I have cancer.  I know I won't wear the wig all the time as scarves will be more comfortable.  On the flip side, it will be nice not to have my long, thick hair to wash, dry and straighten when I feel like crap.  Raymond is still planning to shave his head in solidarity so I'll post a pic of both of us this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That's great news! I'm glad the cocktail worked better this time.

    As for the shave/wig/scarf issue -- I'd be nervous about that too. But at least it's winter, so people expect you to be wearing a hat when you're outdoors...it won't be obvious then, right?

    Craig is adorable for shaving his head in solidarity. Husband of the Year award.

    Cheers,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete