- While I physically have felt much better this cycle, the post-chemo exhaustion definitely lingered more and took me a bit by surprise. I probably pushed myself too much on Saturday by getting up at 6am to head into Boston to have my head shaved and then ending the day at a holiday party and staying up way too late. By 5pm on Sunday night, I was half asleep on the couch and headed to bed at 6pm. I spent much of Monday and Tuesday laying on the couch. It didn't help that the weather was awful and snowy/rainy. On Wednesday, I finally left the house to run some errands. This will happen each time and I just need to listen to my body and rest, which is hard given that Christmas is around the corner and I am a Mom to 2 busy kids!
- Holidays - I am mostly done with my shopping but haven't wrapped a thing. Anyone out of town expecting a gift from me should be expecting a "Happy New Year" present this year. ;) My Christmas cards are done and addressed but the flipping post office seems unable to deliver the stamps that I ordered. It was out on a truck for deliver in Worcester yesterday and Shrewsbury the day before that. I don't live in either of those towns. Maybe they'll come today...
- Poor Craig, who has been my rock and seriously burning the candle a both ends between work and home, got a flat tire on the Mass Pike on the way to work yesterday. Monday, I have the pleasure of taking his car for a new tire since they were overbooked today and tomorrow.
- And because, we don't already have enough health crap/bills going on right now (or things keeping me up at night), our beloved dog, Tuukka, decided to eat some sort of a ball (likely tennis) last weekend. He's had a variety of digestive tract issues going on since then. Just when I think he is better, something else happens... This morning, I decided it was time to take him to the vet for an x-ray to make sure nothing is obstructed. The vet thinks, because he hasn't been vomiting recently, that there probably is nothing left in there but his system is just irritated and medicine would help. She said we could try that and then see how he is next week. I totally broke down at that point and told her about chemo next week and how I can't be dealing with a sick dog, blah, blah, blah. She was wonderful and agreed to keep him for the day and do the x-ray later, once breakfast is no longer in his system. She promised me she can fix him so I can focus on my other stuff. This vet always seemed a bit standoffish to me but she won me over today with her compassion.
Also, my hair stubble started coming out in chunks this morning in the shower and I am actually happy about it as last night it felt like I had a million little needles poking my scalp. I really should get an electric razor and shave it all the way down myself but haven't remembered to pick one up in my travels.
Wish I was there to help.. .I'm a fast wrapper :-) xxoo.
ReplyDeleteoy! harley swallowed a rock that's still in her belly ;/ stupid dogs LOL xoxo sorry for all the annoyances at the wrong time, that just stinks. love you.
ReplyDeleteI havent wrapped a thing either. Thinking of you! Try to enjoy some of the small moments of the holidays. Keep on hangin in there. You can do this.
ReplyDelete