Sunday, September 21, 2014

Theme Song

In September 2012, I attended a retreat for young breast cancer survivors in Nashville.  It was sponsored by an organization called Women Rock for the Cure.  The retreat itself was hard for me because I am pretty sure I was the only one there that had not had chemo.   Everyone talked about their chemo experiences a lot and I had zero to add.  I also felt a bit "guilty" about not having had it. 

On the second night, the people running the retreat did a "performance" for us and chose the song "Firework" by Katy Perry.   It was fun to watch and they clearly had fun doing it.  I did not really pay attention to the words to the song.  Back in August of this year, Craig and I saw Katy Perry in concert so I have been listening to her music a bit more.   I finally actually listened to the words to "Firework" a month or so ago and better understood why they chose that song.  One line in particular really resonates with me now...

If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow.


Right now is seriously a hurricane and I just need to wait it out for my rainbow!   I have decided this will be my theme song.

2 comments:

  1. Love it - always good to be able to take inspiration wherever it comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel confident that your rainbow is coming!!
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete