Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Thursday Schedule

Thursday will be a long and busy day for us...
  • 9:30am - Meet with the surgeon who will mark up the "palpable" lump (7mm tumor that has been biopsied)
  • 9:45am - Head to MRI department for 10:15am MRI where they will find the smaller 4mm spot and somehow mark it up so surgeon knows what to cut out.
  • 12:30pm - Arrive at the surgical center for pre-surgery prep
  • 1:30pm - Surgery scheduled to begin so if you could send some healing, cancer ass kicking thoughts my way then, I'd appreciate it.
  • 2:30pm - Surgery should be wrapping up and I'll go to recovery.
  • 4:00pm - Head home, assuming I have kept down crackers and peed.    Times are all assuming the surgery starts on time.   My mastectomy in 2011 started 2.5 hours late so hopefully we'll be luckier this time!
We'll have full pathology back in about a week and then will make the final determination on chemo. Doctors at Newton-Wellesley have discussed and they are thinking no based on pathology of biopsied spot but they'll consider again and we'll do a consult with Dana-Farber.   If no chemo, I'll have about a 4 week break before radiation starts.

Craig will likely post once I am out of surgery or I will do so from recovery, once I am awake.

7 comments:

  1. Cancer ass kicking thoughts will most definitely be on your way on Thursday!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cancer ass kicking thoughts will most definitely be on your way on Thursday!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to hearing all about the ass kicking you will be giving to this...even better than what KC did to the Patriots last night!! :) In all seriousness, will be sending as many good thoughts your way as I possibly can! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. First thing I did this morning was think about you and send happy thoughts.... xxoo. Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. You won't be defeated with all the prayers and thoughts coming your way.

    Think of happy places as you drift off to sleep.

    Ginnie McCarthy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be sending happy, healing thoughts your way and praying for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending good vibes your way, Amanda!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete