Shockingly, I slept pretty well last night. I did take a Xanax before bed to help with the sleep. I fell asleep pretty quickly and slept without interruption until about 4:15am. I dozed until I got up at 6:20am. That is a pretty good night's sleep for me these days.
I am ready for today and terrified but as my Dad said last night, the sooner we start, the sooner it is over. Luckily, my port surgery soreness is WAY better today. It was pretty bad last night and I was worried that somehow the tube coming out of the port and going into my vein had become unattached. (Yes, I am a crazy worrier.) I think the issue yesterday was that I barely moved my left side so it just got progressively tighter and tighter. While sleeping, I relaxed a bit which allowed the muscles to loosen. I need to be better about moving normally.
On a WHY NOW??? note, our upstairs furnace is not currently working, which we discovered at 8:30pm tonight. It was a bit chilly especially in the kids rooms last night but they are pretty hearty (and we loaded them with blankets) so they did ok. Somehow, I need to figure out how to get the HVAC people into the house today. (I am again thankful for the kindness of neighbors who can let them in.) It is going to be in the 20s tonight, so we really need heat upstairs! Never a dull moment.
Keep the prayers and good thoughts coming today that I am not allergic to the medication and that nothing hurts too much. I am such a wimp with needles (but then they never hurt as much as I had imagined.) Thanks for all the texts, emails, blog comments, care packages, etc. They really mean so much to me and always make me smile! :)
I know today is a big deal as Raymond actually gave me a kiss this morning. He is great with hugs but stopped giving kisses about a year ago. I am lucky to have such great kids (and husband and family and friends)!
I love your Dad's advice - and so what you probably needed at that moment, so hooray for Dad! I am thinking of you today...and if all the prayer, love, friends and family you have surrounding you are any indication, you are in the best of hands! Thinking only good and positive thoughts and sending you a giant virtual !!!!
ReplyDeleteThink good thoughts and sending prayers and love. xxoo
ReplyDeleteSO HAPPY Chemo#1 is done and dusted, and that you tolerated it well! Also, not sure if the doctors are on to this yet, but... there is no better remedy on this earth, than the kiss of a 9 year old boy! I prescribe Chapstick for Raymond and a daily regimen of smooches for you. Check back with me in a week! Lots of LOVE, Amanda. Thanks for finding blessings in a tough time. It is (and you are) a gift to all of us!
ReplyDelete