Last night, I finally turned the corner post-chemo #1. I am starting to feel like a human again and able to eat and drink. When I stepped on the scale yesterday morning, I weighed about 5 lbs less than I did on Tuesday morning. Hopefully, I will gain at least some of that weight back between now and the next chemo as I will waste away if I lose 5 lbs each time.
(Craig just looked at me and smiled. I asked him why he was smiling. His response was "You look normal." I guess I looked pretty bad these last few days.)
Each time, the terrible feeling might start a little sooner and last a little longer but at least I now know it will end because, let me tell you, on Thursday, I partially had myself convinced that I was going to feel that awful for the next 4 months and that was not good. Basically, we know I need some sort of help on Thursday post-chemo. Someone making sure I remember to take my meds and eat/drink something. Luckily, we have most of the cycles covered between Craig and my parents. I also need to talk to Dr. Sinclair about how to better manage the Neulasta side effects (bone pain in my skull, sternum and side) as well as the chemo day headache from the anti-nausea meds. They don't want me taking much Advil/Aleve since they are blood thinners, but Tylenol just doesn't cut it.
I'm so glad to mostly be on the "other side" of chemo #1. I have said this before but I am still especially thankful for the meals, playdates, text messages, blog comments, etc. They really do lift me up when I am feeling down! I am lucky to have so many kind and helpful people in my life, both in Hopkinton and further away!
Saying goodbye to #1 means you are that much closer to the last treatment. It sounds awful, but you have the right attitude and support system to get your through it all. Hugs to you all! Katrina
ReplyDeleteYou're one step closer to being finished! I'm glad you have a strong support system to help you take care of yourself as well as the kids.
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving to all of you!
Kara