- Right side
- 1.9cm mass at 6-7:00 - previously biopsied, known to be cancer. This is the lump I found.
- 1.4cm mass at 7:00 - previously biopsied, known to be cancer.
- 8mm mass at 5:00 - previously biopsied, known to be cancer.
- 9mm mass at 9:00 - previously biopsied, not cancer.
- 6mm nodule at 3:00 - new and looks like cancer.
- Left side
- 7mm nodule at 9:00 - new
- 6mm nodule at 3:00 - new
- 5mm nodule at 6:00 - new
The ultrasound today was to look at the 4 new items. The technician could not find any of them, which is not surprising since a 1cm mass is the size of a peanut. I saw the radiologist and her thoughts were:
- Do nothing about the nodule in the right breast since I have to have a mastectomy anyway.
- Do an MRI biopsy of the nodules on the left side. I asked her if this was necessary in the event I have a double mastectomy. She asked who my surgeon was and upon telling her that, she thinks Dr. LG won't want it biopsied. They'll just look at it after surgery. I'll discuss with Dr. LG later this week.
On tap for later this week (Thursday) are appointments with the breast surgeon and an oncologist.
We shared my diagnosis with our 5-year-old sone yesterday and he took it pretty well in that he really does not get what all this means and his biggest concern was whether or not I could still be the referee for his soccer game in the basement with Daddy yesterday afternoon. ;) He was very cute for the rest of the day and seemed to be taking extra special care of me. He asked if he could tell his 2-year-old sister about my limitations after my hospital stay, to which I replied "Yes." He went up to her and said something like, "Mommy won't be able to pick you up after she goes to the hospital, okay?" He is such a good little boy!
Amanda - thank you for continuing to share all of this information. I think of you often and appreciate being up-to-date on what's going on. Raymond sounds like a sweetheart. and I bet you'll still be able to referee after your surgery, albeit from a comfortable chair!
ReplyDeleteKatrina
i love your kids. i love them.
ReplyDeleteHah! He's got oldest child written all over him! What a cutie. Give him lots of hugs from all of us, for making us laugh and for cheering you up.
ReplyDeleteHope the soccer game turned out well.
Kara
Got chills reading about Raymond- such a big boy now. Was just talking about him last night- remember when you were in Paris, Craig in India and I was with Raymond (2 years old maybe?)....and he locked himself in the bathroom? Claire locked herself in her bedroom last night when the babysitter was here :)
ReplyDeleteMy main man Raymond continues to impress me with his maturity...what a sweet story, and nice to hear that he is being such a good older brother!
ReplyDeleteJudi
Sweet, sweet big brother.
ReplyDeleteWe think about you, Craig, Raymond and Emily every day. Your courage and strength are inspiring. Know that we are here for you all if you need us.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Thibaut, Kristen, Mackenzie and Sophie
Although kids can sometimes make life more challenging, they can also make life's challenging moments more bearable. How can you not smile at such concern and sweetness! Yay for Raymond taking good care of you!
ReplyDelete