Tuesday, February 1, 2011

MRI Done and Dusted!

My breast MRI was today and it was about a million times easier than I was expecting!  It was quite loud and the relaxing CD I brought did not do much since I could not hear it over the banging but luckily I was able to relax on my own.    I also took a Xanax but I am not sure I really needed that either.   It went by really fast - each banging session was between 1 and 10 minutes.  I had to stay still for each session but it helped break it up into manageable chunks.   I don't think I was in the MRI machine for more than 30 minutes.   I hope everything I still need to face is easier than I think it will be.    We should have the results in the next 2 days.   I am hoping there aren't any more spots in the right side than the 3 we know about and none in the left.

(FYI - This entry's title "Done and Dusted" was a phrase I picked up from my cousin, Cathy.   She used it a bunch whenever she finished up a big test or procedure in her melanoma battle.   I draw on her strength on a daily basis.)

On an unrelated note, while I was in for the MRI, my father's father-in-law passed away after his own battle with cancer.   He had been going downhill for a while so his passing is a bit of a blessing but still a huge loss for my father's wife and her family.    Please keep John in your prayers!

Finally, my brother-in-law's father is not doing well and was rushed to the hospital early this morning after a seizure at home.  Please pray for Bucky as well!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Amanda. Prayers en route as requested. With all the hype around the winter storm, it's a wonder you ventured out to the MRI! GOOD WORK. D&D, baby.
    XO,
    CST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you go!! You're amazing! Thank you for all the updates.

    Prayers to all your family and the sadness you all are going through.

    Lots of love and hugs!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you'd ace it. Feels good to check these things off the list and get them past you, doesn't it...the anticipation is often worse then the actual event but then the anticipation of the results starts in...it's a vicious cycle but you are tackling each thing courageously and patiently - inspirational. Mine went well today too other than the hour-long wait in the waiting room ugh. Congrats on another thing "done and dusted".

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I'd like to think God is accustomed to hearing my prayers pretty routinely, he may be thinking he now knows what the priest who hears my confessional after 10 years experiences - rapid fire!!:)
    We pray abundantly for all your family during these particularly hard and sad times. You are doing amazingly great work - just as I expected!

    Love,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete