Monday, March 14, 2011

2 drains gone!

I saw the plastic surgeon this afternoon for a quick follow up visit. He says I look "great" and he was able to take out 2 of the 4 drains - of course not the 2 drains that are bothering me the most but it does feel great to have 2 of them gone!!! He said I am so close to being drain-free that I was able to make an appointment for this Thursday where hopefully he can take out the other 2 rather than having to wait until Monday. I would be beyond happy to get rid of these things by the weekend. No more hiding them under bulky clothes AND I would finally be able to sleep on my side. Ahhhhh, nirvana! It is amazing what you get excited about after a bilateral mastectomy! :)

I am feeling so much better today - the best I have felt since before the surgery but the visit to the doctor did kind of wear me out so I am going to nap before the kiddies get home!

1 comment:

  1. yay!!! 2 down, 2 to go. I hope you do get the others out this week - that would be awesome. I got stuck with one for an additional 10-14 days which stunk. I wasn't able to sleep on my sides very comfortably until the expanders came out but I found a make-shift way to do it involving extra pillows on each side of me to prop me up and cushion the chest so it wouldn't be up against the mattress directly...keep that in mind if you feel uncomfortable when you try to sleep on your side.

    ReplyDelete