Three weeks ago today, I returned home after 3 nights in the hospital after my surgery. With each Monday that has passed since then, I wake up each morning feeling MUCH better than I did the day before. It is really odd that Monday is such a magical day, especially since the weekends are more exhausting than weekdays with the kids home to entertain. Next Monday, I expect to start chemo so my Monday feeling better might come to an end!
I started driving yesterday, so I was able to get out of the house by myself today which was nice - a Reiki appointment at the hospital, Walmart and CVS. Thrilling stuff! I spent the rest of the day finishing the Twilight book series. Thanks to Micah for the suggestion! I actually like reading on the iPad more than I thought I would. Next up is Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen which was recommended by my cousin Kara and friend Trang.
Not much else to report. Still waiting for the Oncotype results, praying for a very low score so maybe I won't be starting chemo next week. I need to call the oncologist tomorrow to check in and see if she has heard anything. I have been inhaling water since my appointment with her last week, which I have termed "Operation Hydration." I am trying to drink 96oz of water a day so my veins are prominent enough to avoid getting a port for chemo. I don't think my veins look any better but it does not help that it is still so bloody cold here - temperatures hovering around freezing every day for the last week. We might hit the 50s this week - woohoo! I have had enough of winter. Somehow it is unseasonably warm in Florida (in the 90s) and unseasonably cold here. I hope Spring comes soon!
Remember: Hot tea counts as water! I know what you mean about these temperatures. I am so ready for spring. Anyway, enjoy normalcy...
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Kara
One day at a time........slow but sure steps...all is going to be fine.....feeling so positive about the results. I am glad Twilight was a good choice. Another recommendation, The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton and then get movie or stream it from Netflix. Michelle Phiffer, Daniel Day Louis and Wynona Ryder, the movie is GORGEOUS!!! I read the book and then watched the movie three times. YOU will love both. LOVE!! P
ReplyDeleteyeah my weekends were the toughest during treatment b/c no nanny or daycare to entertain cooper and bob was away so many weekends for work. strangely enough what got me through was to schedule lots of activities outside of the house where there was no temptation to fall asleep accidentally on the couch. we're having fun with the iPad now that it's here - I've only downloaded one book though - the 17 day diet book haha i need to read it and start that program LOL. mostly Cooper is having fun with it playing games, watching movies, etc. ;) IF you do chemo, it'll be a great thing to have with you to keep you occupied and help pass the time since those are long appointments. xoxo thinking of you and praying for you often.
ReplyDeleteokay, next for lame book suggestions (not that austen is lame- twilight is lame, but TOTALLY ADDICTING- i'm a total twi-hard, so i can say that)- house of night series. LAME LAME LAME, poorly written, but totally addicting.
ReplyDeleteSo glad the driving went OK. CVS *is* exciting. Walmart is even better!
ReplyDelete--Liz
Checking in on you, and thinking alot about you. I love the continued good news. I can't imagine how difficult the wait time is for you .(type A ?) lol.
ReplyDeleteYou sound good - marching forward, doing what needs to be done.
You know you are at the top of my prayer list.
You are very missed -
Love, Ceil