How I faced breast cancer head on TWICE and kicked it to the curb, one step at a time (OSAAT)!!!
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
I am DRAIN-FREE!!!!!!!
One of my drains was not operating as it was supposed to this morning so I called the plastic surgeon's office to find out what to do about it. Since they were not putting out much and I was scheduled to have the last 2 taken out tomorrow, they told me to just come in today for the removal. It feels AWESOME to have them gone. I can't shower for at least 24 hours, so Friday I plan to take the longest shower of my entire life. It was impossible to get myself really clean with those things in and I am not going to lie, I don't smell very good and my hair is scary but by Friday mid-morning, I will be a whole new woman! Hurray for the little things in life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Woohoo!!!!! Have a great, great shower!!! Love it and remember to use soap! :) Love ya!
ReplyDeleteIt is enjoying the little victories that is important in this battle - hurray for you!!! love, Judi
ReplyDeletethat was seriously fast! you are cruising through this! seriously - I had my last drain in for like an extra week and a half - a total of like 2.5 weeks! good job, Amanda! :)
ReplyDeleteI just started this journey on March 1st. It is unbelievable to me that I feel so good but have cancer. I pray for an outcome as good as yours - and am so happy for you! Thanks for writing this - it helps me wrap my head around the whole thing as I am awaiting results of biopsy on 2nd breast which could mean bilateral mastectomy. God Bless and keep kicking its ass!
ReplyDelete