Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Slow recovery

It is great to be home and my recovery is progressing slowly - definitely more slowly than I would like but I guess I did have pretty major surgery less than a week ago. I am trying to wean myself off the harsher drugs so that I am not so tired (and weepy).

We are still waiting on the final pathology report which hopefully will come back on Friday or Monday. Then we will know definitively about whether or not I will need radiation. The breast surgeon is hopeful with the lack of lymph node involvement that hopefully the chemo regiminem won't have to be quite to aggressive. she is unsure about radiation but did her best to get clean margins.

Each day is a bit better than the last and I am sleeping ok, which is great. Will update more someday. I have plenty of free time over the next few weeks! :)

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are home and on the mend. One day at a time, my friend...

    Let me know if you need anything and stay strong - weepy is allowed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been thining of you and missing seeing you/hearing your voice in the office! Glad to hear you are trying to get the rest you need! Will pray for good news on the pathology report.

    Elizabeth G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Been thinking about you - and glad to hear things are on the up! Let me know when you might be up for a special delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cuz. We are so relieved that your surgery is D&D! And all you had to do was click your ruby slippers together and say: "there's no place like home!" Well done.

    You will weep. You will ache. You may have a bad hair day* or two. But you will gain strength and comfort daily. You will heal. And while you may never actually the play the voilin with any kind of skill (just guessing), you can take lessons! Hang tight, sweet girl.

    *You and your new do may have already noticed that bad SHORT hair days can defy gravity. Post pictures!

    XO,
    CST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give yourself plenty of time to heal! You did just have major surgery, even if you are a Doyle...

    Cheers,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take all the time you need and take it slowly (this coming from impatient me)! Get some rest and feel the love! And positive thoughts and prayers for good pathology news!

    Hugs!
    Me

    ReplyDelete