Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spiritual alignment

I have had a very spiritual morning - both from a religious and a "new age" perspective.   First thing this morning I went to 8am Mass and had a chance to talk to the pastor, Fr. Dan Murphy afterwards.   I love Fr. Dan.   We share a last name and went to the same college, Holy Cross.   We have a connection.  This was the first time since my diagnosis that I was able to tell him about what is going on.   I wanted to ask him to pray for me tomorrow and he of course agreed to.  He also performed the sacrament of the sick (or anointing of the sick).    According to Wikipedia, "Anointing of the Sick is one of the seven Sacraments recognized by the Catholic Church, and is associated with not only bodily healing but also forgiveness of sins."     So I am on the road to health AND have been forgiven of my sins.   Great start to the day!

Then I had an appointment at the hospital for reiki - "a hands on healing technique designed to create balance and harmony in the body."     It focuses on your "chakras" and the practitioner places hands on you in various positions.    It was a little new age-y for me but I was very relaxed afterwards!

In 24 hours, I will be at the hospital!

4 comments:

  1. I have been following your story and I am very inspired by your strength. Just wanted to let you know I will be sending you positive thoughts from Finland all day and night tomorrow. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to spend the morning, especially the night before surgery. I wanted to wish you one more "official" good luck before your surgery tomorrow. I will be praying for you tomorrow as always, and sening you all the positivity I can muster!!!

    With love and support,
    Tricia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful, Amanda. I'm smiling from ear to ear reading this. you will be lifted high in prayer by hundreds as you go into surgery. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Father Dan...wasn't sure if you were going to tell him/our parish because I was going to add you to the speical intentions. Next Christmas Eve our families will try and make it into the actual church vs all the way in the back and sit together. Maybe Emily and Tristan will let us participate :-)

    ReplyDelete