How I faced breast cancer head on TWICE and kicked it to the curb, one step at a time (OSAAT)!!!
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Day 2 post surgery
Had kind of a rough day. I'm still pretty sore. Still hoping to go home tomorrow. Thanks for all the emails and blog comments, they really mean a lot to me. Hope to give more of an update tomorrow.
So sorry, sweetie! You just hold tight and take your time. Don't let our fantatic chants [A-MAN-DA!] inspire you to do too much, too soon.
'Slow and steady wins the race!' Just ask a hare (or a toroise... if you can find one. Most just claim 'turtle' for a title. I think it's the fancy ones that go by 'tortoise' - but doesn't that sort of fly in the face of the lesson?
The point is: chillax. Don't rush. We love you.
-Aesop (who was known for his widsom but was often misunderstood and referred to as "nuts" and as "sheriff.")
I think you're pretty amazing for updating at all, or even being coherent. I agree with Aesop: Chillax. You just had surgery, don't overdo! As much as we love your blog, we love you more. You are the number one priority, so don't be afraid to be selfish right now!
be selfish and BE LAZY!! don't do anything but watch trashy TV and read trashy magazines. and eat ice cream (are you allowed to eat ice cream?) and cuddle with your kids. and do NOTHING that you don't want to do.
Just wanted to stop by and send our best to you. Thinking about you and so glad to hear the sugery went well. I agree with the Aesop: Don't let the cheering around the world make you think you have to get up and do anything. Right now they are cheering you to rest up! We will chant quietly so you can sleep. But if you listen as you fall asleep I am sure you can hear it! :)
I agree with many of the gang here.. Don't worry about us, take care of you! Really glad the surgery went well. The post-op recovery.. I'd rather wait a few days to get the lowdown and know you're resting and just chilling with the fam. :) - Susie
Try to hang onto the thought that every day will be a little bit better than the day before. Take pleasure in your tiny bits of progress as you journey down this new path.
Day 2 was my worst. Every day after will be much better than the previous. Remember the docs and nurses work for you and their job is to keep you comfortable. I had to remind them a couple times before the program improved so don't hesitate to remind them :). Don't rush out of there - rest and remember the kiddies will be wanting to hug on you. Once home, sit with a pillow against your chest and then they can gently hug you if you're up for it which I know you'll likely want that more than anything else huh? Xoxo love you!
Chillax is the new word of the day - love it! Now is the time to have everyone look after you and be spoiled!! Don't rush to blog on our account...we are all happy to know you are doing OK and know this will be a slow and steady recovery! Trashy TV to the rescue!! love, Judi
So sorry, sweetie! You just hold tight and take your time. Don't let our fantatic chants [A-MAN-DA!] inspire you to do too much, too soon.
ReplyDelete'Slow and steady wins the race!' Just ask a hare (or a toroise... if you can find one. Most just claim 'turtle' for a title. I think it's the fancy ones that go by 'tortoise' - but doesn't that sort of fly in the face of the lesson?
The point is: chillax. Don't rush. We love you.
-Aesop (who was known for his widsom but was often misunderstood and referred to as "nuts" and as "sheriff.")
There are many people behind you supporting you and praying for you! Hang in there!!
ReplyDeleteAmanda, you are strong and brave just like your Mom! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and I lit a candle for you at church today.
ReplyDeleteI think you're pretty amazing for updating at all, or even being coherent. I agree with Aesop: Chillax. You just had surgery, don't overdo! As much as we love your blog, we love you more. You are the number one priority, so don't be afraid to be selfish right now!
ReplyDeletebe selfish and BE LAZY!! don't do anything but watch trashy TV and read trashy magazines. and eat ice cream (are you allowed to eat ice cream?) and cuddle with your kids. and do NOTHING that you don't want to do.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to stop by and send our best to you. Thinking about you and so glad to hear the sugery went well. I agree with the Aesop: Don't let the cheering around the world make you think you have to get up and do anything. Right now they are cheering you to rest up! We will chant quietly so you can sleep. But if you listen as you fall asleep I am sure you can hear it! :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with many of the gang here.. Don't worry about us, take care of you! Really glad the surgery went well. The post-op recovery.. I'd rather wait a few days to get the lowdown and know you're resting and just chilling with the fam. :) - Susie
ReplyDeleteTry to hang onto the thought that every day will be a little bit better than the day before. Take pleasure in your tiny bits of progress as you journey down this new path.
ReplyDeleteOne BIG step over. Rest and heal. Sending positive thoughts, prayers and energy your way.
ReplyDeleteDay 2 was my worst. Every day after will be much better than the previous. Remember the docs and nurses work for you and their job is to keep you comfortable. I had to remind them a couple times before the program improved so don't hesitate to remind them :). Don't rush out of there - rest and remember the kiddies will be wanting to hug on you. Once home, sit with a pillow against your chest and then they can gently hug you if you're up for it which I know you'll likely want that more than anything else huh? Xoxo love you!
ReplyDeleteChillax is the new word of the day - love it! Now is the time to have everyone look after you and be spoiled!! Don't rush to blog on our account...we are all happy to know you are doing OK and know this will be a slow and steady recovery! Trashy TV to the rescue!! love, Judi
ReplyDelete