Friday, March 18, 2011

Cleaner!

I took my first post-drain shower today and I feel cleaner than I have felt in 2 weeks.  I actually used shampoo, TWICE, and conditioner.    I was able to use soap on most of my body.  (I am still avoiding the healing incisions.)    It felt wonderful and I could have stayed in there for hours!     My mean mother would not let me put deoderant on until the doctor approves it so I will probably be stinky again in hours but it is nice to be clean for now!   

Everything seems to be healing well and I am feeling pretty good.  I still get tired by the end of the day and am definitely sore but I am down to just Tylenol during the day and Advil at night, so I feel like that is an improvement.   I still am not ready to drive and not sure when I will feel ready to.   My chest area and arms are still so tight that I worry about my reaction time.   Luckily we have Mom here until next Thursday so chauffeur me around!

It is a beautiful day in NJ - our first taste of Spring.   I think it is currently warmer outside than it is in the house!     Of course, the temps are supposed to go back down into the 50s for the weekend, but I'll enjoy today while it lasts!

2 comments:

  1. AMMR,

    Don't call my aunt mean.

    Anyway, another sign of progress!

    Happy Spring!

    MDS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hei Amanda,
    Good to hear that you are feeling better - and cleaner;) Remember that we're still here thinking about you every day and following your blog even though I haven't commented anything in a while. Miss you tons!!

    -T-

    ReplyDelete