Thursday, March 3, 2011

The highest praise

I met with my plastic surgeon tonight so he could mark me up for the surgery tomorrow.   He likes to do it the night before since surgery day is generally very rushed.    He has not completely decided the best way to do the reconstruction in order to get the best cosmetic results (something about excess skin after nursing 2 kids and my recent 20 lb weight loss).   Anyway, I look like one of Emily's art projects but I trust the doctor.    (He'll decide the best approach in consultation with the breast surgeon tomorrow.)

As I was leaving the appointment, the plastic surgeon told me something that has made it clear in my mind that I picked the right breast surgeon.    His mother-in-law was recently diagnosed with a breast cancer recurrence.   She lives near my Dad in NY and since the plastic surgeon did a fellowship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering he has access to ANY of the best breast surgeon's in the area.    He chose MY breast surgeon to do his mother-in-law's surgery.  I am not sure there could be higher praise for her!    I feel a lot more relaxed having that knowledge. 

1 comment:

  1. that's outstanding, Amanda! you are in incredibly skilled and compassionate hands with these surgeons - you've done a fantastic job putting your team together. a very wise and world reknowned (sp?) expert on cancer and healing said that the best outcomes often share in common solid faith in 4 things: 1-faith in oneself, 2-faith in one's physicians, 3-faith in one's treatment plan, and 4-spiritual faith. You have all of those so you're a winner - victorious - already! Praise be to God! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete