How I faced breast cancer head on TWICE and kicked it to the curb, one step at a time (OSAAT)!!!
Monday, March 7, 2011
Home sweet home
I made it. Feeing much better than yesterday but still in rough shape, as expected. Loved the nurse I had this morning and wish she had been there all weekend. More at some point later this week.
Thinking of you all the time. Hope your recovery is easy as pie. I know it's NOT that easy, but I can hope and wish for that, right? Take care dear Amanda.
Just had a thought about your mantra (OSAAT). Did you know that's an actual word in Finnish? "Osaat" means "you can," which is also perfectly appropriate in this context. You've made it past one hurdle. YOU CAN DO IT- one step at a time!
So glad to hear you are home and feeling better than yesterday, which was probably better than Saturday :) I bet it feels good to be home and hopefully that will help to lift your spirits even more.
i'm giving an interview about service for this book on finnish customer service. i think i'm going to use my experience with henry in the hospital as to the REAL difference good service can make. a good nurse- not just capable but HELPFUL, cheery, informative- makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE.
now. go directly to bed. and don't emerge until you're bored out of your skull.
So glad to hear you are in the comfort of your own home and feeling a bit better. Thinking of and praying for you and wishing you a speedy, thorough recovery! Tricia ;)
Welcome home! Glad to hear you are doing OK and thinking of you much. The best advice I have gotten in a long time was "5 minutes at a time." You would be amazed how good it can feel to get thru those 5 minutes and how much less daunting things seem in 5 minute increments. Hang in there darling! Sending healing vibes, happy thoughts and lots of love your way.
rest, rest and more rest, please! glad to hear that today is better than yesterday, and hopefully each day will bring more recovery.
ReplyDeleteKatrina
Thinking of you all the time. Hope your recovery is easy as pie. I know it's NOT that easy, but I can hope and wish for that, right?
ReplyDeleteTake care dear Amanda.
Just had a thought about your mantra (OSAAT). Did you know that's an actual word in Finnish? "Osaat" means "you can," which is also perfectly appropriate in this context. You've made it past one hurdle. YOU CAN DO IT- one step at a time!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you are home and feeling better than yesterday, which was probably better than Saturday :) I bet it feels good to be home and hopefully that will help to lift your spirits even more.
ReplyDeleteAmanda, that's great news! Home......right where you belong! Rest up and get well! Take care and talk to you soon!!!
ReplyDeleteLots of Love!
Me
i'm giving an interview about service for this book on finnish customer service. i think i'm going to use my experience with henry in the hospital as to the REAL difference good service can make. a good nurse- not just capable but HELPFUL, cheery, informative- makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE.
ReplyDeletenow. go directly to bed. and don't emerge until you're bored out of your skull.
What you need now is to rest and remember to rest.I am sure it is nice to be back at home.
ReplyDeleteMarja
So glad to hear you are in the comfort of your own home and feeling a bit better. Thinking of and praying for you and wishing you a speedy, thorough recovery!
ReplyDeleteTricia ;)
Welcome home! Glad to hear you are doing OK and thinking of you much. The best advice I have gotten in a long time was "5 minutes at a time." You would be amazed how good it can feel to get thru those 5 minutes and how much less daunting things seem in 5 minute increments. Hang in there darling! Sending healing vibes, happy thoughts and lots of love your way.
ReplyDeleteWelcome home!!! Get lots of rest. Also be sure to get your daily required minimum dosage of chocolate ice cream...
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Kara